Things to know to change your battery
Maintaining your car battery is very important so that your car runs smoothly always. The average life of a car battery is two years and it is important to clean and keep a check on it every two months until it dies, one should clean it or if they don’t have time, then it is important to maintain it in car battery shops in Dubai or wherever you reside. Without maintaining your car battery, you may face difficulties in running your car smoothly. You may even go the extent of making your battery corrosive which can be life threatening to you and your family and friends. It is also important to maintain your battery so that your car doesn’t randomly stop in mid way causing you nothing but trouble.
It is to be noted that your car battery does not generate power, it stores and uses the power that your car generates and helps you listen to radio or charge your phone or charge your lighter, it is also used for the electronic lightening, air conditioning and other car aspect. The most important use is that it starts your engine when you put your car in ignition. This is probably why it is recommended to switch on all other electronics of the car after starting it so that maximum power can be given to the car when it starts!
When you go to the car battery shop you need to make sure you trust the official fully. And to build trust, it is important for you to keep these things in your mind whilst buying a battery.
- You should make sure that the battery that is given to you in according to your car manual. Take a look at the manual of your car and check if the specs of the battery recommended for your car only. A higher powered battery can be corrosive for your car a low powered one cannot work properly. The model and size are also mentioned to fit the perfect one for your car
- Make sure to keep the climate in mind and check with the battery manual to see which goes with the climatic conditions you are living it. Usually for a hotter climate sealed batteries are used and unsealed for a colder climate
- Make sure you know that you chose the correct battery. For shorter trips a higher powered battery is important since it doesn’t have time to charge
- Look for a battery that has been in the store for less than 6 months, and makes sure you buy one with a company guarantee
- Inquire about how many minutes the battery may run power alone.
- Ask about the cold cranking amps and cranking amps. These will help you get your car started or stuck in colder or hotter climates.
Now you know the basic precautions and things to know before buying a car battery in UAE. Always make sure to deal with a professional for accuracy!